April 17-19, 2019
We have added 3 days to Level 2 as many of you have asked. April 17 will include a joint day with Level 1 and focus on new information and sharing of information. Learn more about implementing the Equipping Minds Curriculum through Equipping Minds Level 2 Certification. Registration includes the 2018 Equipping Minds Cognitive Development Curriculum for teachers and students.
Wednesday, April 17 8:00-5 pm Level 1 & Level 2 Combined Day
- Shannon Ebbers Nutrition and Brain Development
- Dr. David Lindemann: Integrating the cognitive and physiologic aspects of growth and healing so that physical and sensory issues can be addressed simultaneously with cognitive maturation using a combination of verbal and reflexive tools.
- Rafaele Joundry: Importance of the auditory system and how sound therapy can rehabilitate the ear and impact learning
- Carol Brown: Integrating the Equipping Minds Cognitive Development Curriculum in the Classroom, Small Group, Learning Center, Workplace, Adult Living Center, Church, After-School Program and Home: Break out Sessions for Homeschoolers, educational therapists, and classroom teachers.
Who Should Purchase? The Level 2 Certification class is open to all who are already Level 1 certified.
Location? Frankfort, Kentucky or join us LiveStream or purchase the USB recordings
I have been working in the field of education for over 35 years. I have a master’s degree in education and have accumulated five certifications over the years. Of those, the certification that I prize most highly is my Level 2 Equipping Minds Certification. Equipping Minds is the most powerful and versatile program that I have ever used. It enables me to strengthen specific cognitive functions effectively and efficiently without a dependence on academic ability (required by other programs) that hinders the progress of so many students.
I gained many insights from my Level 2 training. One insight that has proved invaluable in planning each session is the importance of “struggle”. I used to be discouraged when a student struggled when some exercise seemed harder than I thought it should be, or my student didn’t perform as well as expected. Now, it is that struggle for which I aim. Without struggle, there is no progress, no change. If there is no struggle, I have missed the mark entirely and have been ineffective. Thank you for showing me the supreme importance of learning to struggle well!
I also want to thank you for the incredible versatility of Equipping Minds. I can use the same Number Hunt page for my little first-grade student and for the gifted college student. With innumerable mutations possible, each page becomes a powerful tool for each student no matter the age or ability level. I have witnessed incredible growth as students learn to not only engage in the struggle of conquering an exercise but to also engage in the creativity of generating a mutation that is harder still. To hear a student say with great enthusiasm, “Do you know what would really be hard…?” is rewarding indeed. In using Equipping Minds I am limited only by my own imagination; it keeps me growing and stretching.In short, I just want to thank you for this incredible program and the powerful Level 2 training that has revolutionized my educational therapy.
God bless you and God bless this great endeavor,
Conference Description: Equipping Minds Cognitive Development Curriculum Level 2 equips educators, therapists, parents, and other specialists who have completed Level 1 into a deeper understanding of the Equipping Minds Cognitive Development Program. You will expand your knowledge of the theories of Structural Cognitive Modifiability, Mediated Learning, the role of primitive reflex & neuro-developmental therapy, nutritional therapy, sound therapy, vestibular therapy, vision therapy, and cognitive developmental therapy. You will be provided with a proven set of exercises in these areas through a hands-on approach. This conference is designed for those who want to implement this program into their private practice, learning center, school or home. You will learn a holistic approach to increase cognitive skills for learners of all ages and abilities with modifications for those with severe disabilities.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes
• Participants will learn how whole person wellness relates to cognitive function and how mind and body health effect brain development. The benefits of nutritional therapy and the effects of gluten, processed foods, and other inflammatory foods will be discussed.
• Participants will learn seven primitive reflexes, the symptoms associated with each, how to test, and how to integrate. Understand the difference in retained and integrated reflexes, the regression that can occur with trauma, medical conditions and learning disabilities which are associated with each reflex. Learn modifications for children and adults with physical limitations. Discuss the connection to visual processing in depth.
• Participants will learn how to conduct an evaluation by watching Dr. Brown conduct a “mock evaluation” in a role-play situation.
• Participants will learn how to do a nine-week workshop and how to implement in small and large groups in private, public, and homeschool classrooms.
• Participants will learn study skills to enhance retention and application of information.
• Participants will learn modifications to use with learners with severe neurodevelopmental challenges.
• Participants will learn the research behind Equipping Minds Cognitive Development Curriculum and neuroplasticity. The five journal articles which are published in the Journal of Alternative Medicine Research will be discussed and made available as well as the book Human Development: Equipping Minds with Cognitive Curriculum.
• Participants will learn advanced cognitive training exercises in visual and auditory processing, working and long-term memory, attention, comprehension, executive functioning, logic and reasoning beyond the Level 1 training.
• Participants will learn about grants and scholarships for homeschoolers with learning challenges.
• Participants will learn how to use the 2018 Equipping Minds Cognitive Curriculum workbook and the ROSES program.