Online Equipping Minds Annual Conference
The 2021 Equipping Minds Annual Conference will be held online this April. April 19-21 will cover Level 1 material and April 21-23 for Level 2. Register for the 2021 conference now.
If you need to become certified before April, you may purchase the 2020 Equipping Minds Annual Conference course. You will have access to the conference recordings and bonus videos.
The Equipping Minds Conference trains educators, therapists, parents, and other specialists in our multi-disciplinary approach, which increases anyone’s capacity to learn. You will be introduced to the theory of Structural Cognitive Modifiability, the role of neuro-developmental therapy, sound therapy, vestibular therapy, nutritional therapy, vision therapy, and cognitive developmental therapy. You will be provided with a proven set of exercises in these areas through a hands-on approach. This conference is designed for those who want to implement this program into their private practice, learning center, school or home.
With families and schools moving to online learning this week, this is a crucial time to equip more parents, therapists, and educators in Equipping Minds. Having the conference online is an excellent way to train you.
How will it work?
1. You’ll receive the meeting room link for ZOOM meeting.
2. You will receive the recording links after each session allowing you to watch it again over the next two months.
3. You will need your Equipping Minds workbooks.
4. You will need a sheet protector, dry erase marker, and games listed on the Equipping Minds SHOP.
5. You will receive the handouts and power points from the speakers.
6. You will be able to ask questions during the sessions. It will be interactive.
7. You can allow your children to participate in the sessions during the game times. If you were coming with a group, perhaps you can watch it together.
8. You will receive your documentation/certificates for attendance, PD hours, and CEU’s after completing all of the sessions.
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes
- Participants will learn the research behind Equipping Minds Cognitive Development Curriculum and neuroplasticity.
- Participants will learn the theories of Structural Cognitive Modifiability and Mediated Learning Experience of Dr. Reuven Feuerstein as well as some of his instruments.
- Participants will learn the efficient and deficient cognitive functions identified by Dr. Feuerstein at the input, output, and elaboration phase of learning.
- Participants will learn how whole person wellness relates to cognitive function and how mind and body health effect brain development.
- Participants will learn seven primitive reflexes, the symptoms associated with each, how to assess, and how to integrate.
- Participants will learn how to assess the visual, auditory, vestibular, and cognitive systems and which interventions to use.
- Participants will learn cognitive training exercises in visual and auditory processing, working and long-term memory, attention, comprehension, executive functioning, logic, and reasoning.
- Participants will learn classroom connection guidelines for math, spelling, vocabulary, reading, history, science, and writing using Equipping Minds.
- Participants will understand the mind of the struggling learner.
- Participants will learn the benefits of homeschooling struggling learners.
- Participants will learn how to use the Equipping Minds Cognitive Curriculum workbook and the ROSES program
- Participants will learn Aristotle’s Ten Categories of Being and how to implement into therapy and the classroom setting.
- Participants will learn the benefits of rehabilitating the auditory system with Sound Therapy.
- Participants will learn trauma-informed strategies and interventions
Where is the conference schedule? View the detailed conference schedule here.
Who Should Purchase? The Level 2 Certification class is open to all who are already Level 1 certified.
*Level 1 Certification in Equipping Minds Cognitive Development Curriculum for those who attend all three days and display competence in the implementation of the program. A certificate of attendance will be provided for all participants who attend all sessions for CEU and PD Credits.
“I just want to say a big thank you for the wonderful conference! I started implementing some of the new things I learned this morning with my first student! The seemingly infinite mutations of each exercise keep the program new and exciting. Wasn’t it you who said that our minds love variety? This is a huge difference between Equipping Minds and other programs. I always felt like a rebel! You have not only given us very powerful tools, but you have also given us the freedom and vision to keep pushing the envelope while we love and enjoy each student. Thank you, thank you for such inspiration! Also, thank you for your graciousness. I believe you connected with everyone there, spoke to each, always had a listening ear, and even gave extra time and attention to us when you were beyond exhausted. Thank you for sharing your God given gifts with us so freely!”
My staff and I participated in the Equipping Minds Online Conference and found it extremely rewarding because it was easy to follow, understand and participate although we were not physically present. An added benefit was the extended access to the recording which enabled us to review any aspect of the training which needed reinforcement. I highly recommend Online as a viable option given our current restrictions.
Lorna Dawson Programme Director, Autism /
Supervisor Disability Services
Social Development Department
Government of the Virgin Islands
With families and schools moving to online learning this week, this is a crucial time to equip more parents, therapists, and educators in Equipping Minds. We have been getting numerous calls for more online therapy this week. The need is great for online therapy and in our classrooms, churches, clinics… Having the conference online is an excellent way to train you.
Equipping Minds Conference Presenters
Carol is the executive director of Equipping Minds Brain Development Center and the author of Equipping Minds Cognitive Development Curriculum used for students and adults across the US and in 40 countries. Carol is a special needs consultant for HSLDA. She has trained public, private and homeschool educators, Toyota, UK College of Medicine, KY Vocational Rehabilitation, psychologist, occupational therapist, speech and language therapist, and higher education institutions. She is trained in Feuerstein’s Instrumental Enrichment, cognitive developmental therapy, primitive reflex therapy, vision therapy, sound therapy, vestibular therapy, and mediated learning. Carol earned an Ed.D from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, MA in Social Services from Southwestern Seminary, and BA in Rehabilitation Counseling from Marshall University. She is a contributing author in the Neuroscience and Christian Formation and Human Development: Equipping Minds with Cognitive Development.
Dr.David Lindemann, MD
David is the director of the Coalesco center. Following 8 years training and serving as a physician in the US Army at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center and Eisenhower Army Medical Center (as Chief of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation), David left the military in 2017 to start Coalesco Project and pursue his dream of offering care and healing to individual clients, equipping and training professionals, and increasing awareness of both the possible and practical aspects of true healing. His particular focus is on integrating the cognitive and physiologic aspects of growth and healing so that physical and sensory issues can be addressed simultaneously with cognitive maturation using a combination of verbal and reflexive tools. He works primarily with clients whose physical or cognitive issues stem from abuse or neglect, as well as more general types of trauma.
Rafaele Joudry MPsych Rafaele Joudry is a world leader and educator on Sound Therapy and the discoveries of Dr Tomatis. Rafaele holds a Masters of Psychology specializing in Sound Therapy. Since founding Sound Therapy International in 1989 Rafaele has authored dozens of articles plus three best-selling books: Sound Therapy: Music to Recharge Your Brain,Triumph Over Tinnitus and Why Aren’t Learning?Her books describe the remarkable power of Sound Therapy to improve ear function and brain integration, resulting in beneficial results for numerous conditions.
Shannon Ebbers will be presenting at Level 1 and Level 2.
You are what you eat, digest, and absorb. But what if one or more parts of that process aren’t functioning properly? And what does the food we eat have to do with how your brain functions? Diet can have a huge impact on one’s ability to learn, process, and store information, and is an integral part of a holistic approach to improved cognitive function. Shannon will discuss the implications of diet as it relates to children with special needs.
Faith Berens, HSLDA Special Needs Consultant
Understanding the Impact Equipping Minds has on Reading. Faith holds a master’s degree in reading from Shenandoah University. She has over 15 years of teaching experience in both public and private Christian schools, serving as a classroom teacher, Reading Recovery teacher, reading specialist, and educational therapist. Her areas of expertise are early childhood literacy, reading assessment, and the identification and remediation of reading difficulties. Faith is a Special Needs Consultant for HSLDA. Faith’s own learning struggles and diagnosis of dyscalculia compelled her compassion for other bright but struggling students. A fifteen-year teaching career before she became a homeschool mom included both public and private schools, tutoring, and working as a reading specialist. Her specific area of expertise is the identification and remediation of reading difficulties. Faith currently applies her passionate advocacy for special needs students as she speaks at homeschooling conferences across the nation and internationally. She also serves as a Special Needs Consultant for Home School Legal Defense Association. Faith’s articles have been published in several national homeschooling magazines, and she has been the guest of several homeschooling podcasts.
Clayton Brown BS Understanding the Mind of the Struggling Learner & Study Skills Clayton earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Biblical Counseling in December 2014 from Boyce College of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY. He has completed the training personally and has been working with Equipping Minds since 2010.