The Level 1 & 2 Equipping Minds Conference trains educators, parents, therapists, and other specialists in our multi-disciplinary approach, which increases anyone’s capacity to learn. You can receive PD and CEU credits as well as certification. The online course will be interactive and engaging. You will receive the 2018 Equipping Minds Cognitive Development Curriculum (teacher workbook) and the student workbook. You will have access to the sessions for one year. If you are not able to join us online, you can purchase the online course or USB recording and watch it at your own pace.
You will be introduced to the theories of neuroplasticity, the role of nutrition, neuro-developmental and primitive reflex therapy, sound therapy, vestibular therapy, vision therapy, and cognitive developmental therapy. You will be provided with a proven set of exercises in these areas through a hands-on approach. This conference is designed for those who want to implement this program into their school, private practice, learning center, workplace, adult living center, treatment center, church, orphanage, or home. This is a crucial time to equip more parents, therapists, and educators in Equipping Minds. Having the conference online is an excellent way to train you. You will also learn how to effectively implement online.
Equipping Minds of All Ages and Abilities
Helpful for those with Autism Spectrum, Dyslexia, Gifted, Learning Challenges, ADD/ADHD, Traumatic Brain Injury, Memory, Comprehension, Down Syndrome, Processing Disorders, Dementia, Executive Functioning, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Specific Learning Disabilities, and Neurodevelopmental Disorders
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes
• Participants will learn the research behind Equipping Minds Cognitive Development Curriculum and neuroplasticity.
• Participants will learn cognitive training exercises in visual and auditory processing, working and long-term memory, attention, comprehension, executive functioning, logic, and reasoning.
• Participants will learn about trauma-informed strategies and interventions.
• Participants will learn the theory of neuroplasticity and Structural Cognitive Modifiability and the Mediated Learning Experience of Dr. Reuven Feuerstein as well as some of his instruments.
• Participants will learn the efficient and deficient cognitive functions identified by Dr. Feuerstein at the input, output, and elaboration phase of learning.
• Participants will learn how whole person wellness relates to cognitive function and how mind and body health affect brain development.
• Participants will learn seven primitive reflexes, the symptoms associated with each, how to assess, and how to integrate.
• Participants will learn how to assess the visual, auditory, vestibular, and cognitive systems and which interventions to use.
• Participants will learn classroom connection guidelines for math, spelling, vocabulary, reading, history, science, and writing using Equipping Minds.
• Participants will understand the mind of the struggling learner.
• Participants will learn the benefits of homeschooling struggling learners.
• Participants will learn how to use the Equipping Minds Cognitive Curriculum workbook and the ROSES program.
• Participants will learn Aristotle’s Ten Categories of Being and how to implement it into therapy and the classroom setting.
• Participants will learn the benefits of rehabilitating the auditory system with Sound Therapy.
My staff and I participated in the Equipping Minds ONLINE Conference and found it extremely rewarding because it was easy to follow, understand, and participate although we were not physically present. An added benefit was the extended access to the recording which enabled us to review any aspect of the training which needed reinforcement. I highly recommend ONLINE as a viable option given our current restrictions.
Lorna Dawson Programme Director, Autism /
Supervisor Disability Services
Social Development Department
Government of the Virgin Islands
“I just want to say a big thank you for the wonderful conference! I started implementing some of the new things I learned at 7:30 this morning with my first student! The seemingly infinite mutations of each exercise keep the program new and exciting. Was it you who said that our minds love variety? This is a huge difference between Equipping Minds and other programs. I always felt like a rebel! You have not only given us very powerful tools, but you have also given us the freedom and vision to keep pushing the envelope while we love and enjoy each student. Thank you, thank you for such inspiration! Thank you for sharing your God-given gifts with us so freely!”