The Equipping Minds Conference will be held April 20-24, 2020. Level 1 will be April 20-22, 2020 and Level 2 will be April 22-24, 2020. Join us for both from April 20-24. Attendees may purchase in-person tickets or LiveStream tickets. Livestream will be available for one month. Conference Recordings on USB can also be purchased.
The Level 1 Equipping Minds Conference* trains educators, parents, therapists, and other specialists in our multi-disciplinary approach, which increases anyone’s capacity to learn. You will be introduced to the theories of Structural Cognitive Modifiability and Mediated Learning, the role of nutrition, neuro-developmental therapy, sound therapy, vestibular therapy, vision therapy, and cognitive developmental therapy. You will be provided with a proven set of exercises in these areas through a hands-on approach. This conference is designed for those who want to implement this program into their school, private practice, learning center, workplace, adult living center, church, orphanage, or home.
40 Chenault Road
Frankfort, KY 40601
Call 502-695-8881 for reservations
Equipping Minds of All Ages and Abilities
Helpful for those with Autism Spectrum, Dyslexia, Gifted, Learning Challenges, ADD/ADHD, Traumatic Brain Injury, Memory, Comprehension, Down Syndrome, Processing Disorders, Dementia, Executive Functioning, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Learning and Neurodevelopmental Disorders
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes
• Participants will learn the research behind Equipping Minds Cognitive Development Curriculum and neuroplasticity.
• Participants will learn the theories of Structural Cognitive Modifiability and Mediated Learning Experience of Dr. Reuven Feuerstein as well as some of his instruments.
• Participants will learn the efficient and deficient cognitive functions identified by Dr. Feuerstein at the input, output, and elaboration phase of learning.
• Participants will learn how whole person wellness relates to cognitive function and how mind and body health effect brain development.
• Participants will learn seven primitive reflexes, the symptoms associated with each, how to assess, and how to integrate.
• Participants will learn how to assess the visual, auditory, vestibular, and cognitive systems and which interventions to use.
• Participants will learn cognitive training exercises in visual and auditory processing, working and long-term memory, attention, comprehension, executive functioning, logic, and reasoning.
• Participants will learn classroom connection guidelines for math, spelling, vocabulary, reading, history, science, and writing using Equipping Minds.
• Participants will understand the mind of the struggling learner.
• Participants will learn the benefits of homeschooling struggling learners.
• Participants will learn how to use the Equipping Minds Cognitive Curriculum workbook and the ROSES program.
• Participants will learn Aristotle’s Ten Categories of Being and how to implement into therapy and the classroom setting.
• Participants will learn the benefits of rehabilitating the auditory system with Sound Therapy.
• Participants will learn about trauma-informed strategies and interventions.