You can now purchase the ONLINE COURSE option to watch Level 1 and/or Level 2 at your own pace. You are eligible for certification if you desire.
The Level 1 & 2 Equipping Minds Conference trains educators, parents, therapists, and other specialists in our multi-disciplinary approach to cognitive training which increases anyone’s capacity to learn. You can receive PD and CEU credits as well as certification. If you are unable to join us in person, the online course will be interactive and engaging. You will receive the 2018 Equipping Minds Cognitive Development Curriculum (teacher workbook) and the student workbook. You will have access to the sessions for one year. If you are not able to join us in person, you can purchase the online course or USB recording and watch it at your own pace. LIMITED IN PERSON SPOTS. MEALS ARE PROVIDED FOR LUNCH AND DINNER.
This is a crucial time to equip more parents, therapists, and educators in Equipping Minds. You will be introduced to the theories of neuroplasticity, the role of nutrition, neuro-developmental and primitive reflex therapy, sound therapy, vestibular therapy, vision therapy, and cognitive developmental therapy. You will be provided with a proven set of exercises in these areas through a hands-on approach. This conference is designed for those who want to implement this program into their school, private practice, learning center, workplace, adult living center, treatment center, church, orphanage, or home.
*Limited scholarships or payment plans are available. Please contact Dr. Brown: Cbrown@equippingminds.com
Equipping Minds of All Ages and Abilities
Helpful for those with Autism Spectrum, Dyslexia, Gifted, Learning Challenges, ADD/ADHD, Traumatic Brain Injury, Memory, Comprehension, Down Syndrome, Processing Disorders, Dementia, Executive Functioning, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Specific Learning Disabilities, and Neurodevelopmental Disorders
Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes
- Participants will learn the research behind Equipping Minds Cognitive Development Curriculum and neuroplasticity.
- Participants will learn cognitive training exercises in visual, auditory, and language processing, working and long-term memory, attention, comprehension, executive functioning, logic, and reasoning.
- Participants will learn about trauma-informed strategies and interventions.
- Participants will learn how to identify, access, and strengthen cognitive functions.
- Participants will learn the theory of neuroplasticity and mediated learning experience of Dr. Reuven Feuerstein
- Participants will learn the efficient and deficient cognitive functions identified by Dr. Feuerstein at the input, output, and elaboration phase of learning.
- Participants will learn the cognitive skills needed for reading, writing, and spelling and how to strengthen these areas.
- Participants will learn how nutrition relates to cognitive function and how mind and body health affect brain development.
- Participants will learn seven primitive reflexes, the symptoms associated with each, how to assess, and how to integrate.
- Participants will learn how to assess the visual, auditory, vestibular, and cognitive systems and which interventions to use.
- Participants will learn classroom connection guidelines for math, spelling, vocabulary, reading, history, science, and writing using Equipping Minds.
- Participants will understand the mind of the struggling learner.
- Participants will learn how to use the Equipping Minds Cognitive Curriculum workbook and the ROSES program.
- Participants will learn Aristotle’s Ten Categories of Being to develop comprehension and thinking skills and how to implement into therapy and the classroom setting.
- Participants will learn the benefits of rehabilitating the auditory system with Sound Therapy.